Concurrent session 3b : SPECIAL TRACK: Animal Justice
10:30 AM, Monday 21 Jun 2021 (2 hours)
This session is in the past.
The virtual space is closed.
Justice entails concepts of fairness, reasonableness, honesty, and integrity, going beyond the more basic premises of “acceptability” or “lawfulness.” We invite proposals for a special track on animal justice, where we will explore meanings of and means to achieve justice for non-human animal actors within tourism.
- David Fennell Title: Tourism, animals, and the scales of justice
- Presenter David Fennell (Brock University)
- 30 minutes | 10:30 AM -11:00 AM Part of: Concurrent session 3b : SPECIAL TRACK: Animal Justice
- Judith Römhild-Raviart and Clare Weeden Title : Guilty pleasure or moral hypocrisy? Tourist horse carriage rides in New York City
- Presenter Clare Weeden (University of Brighton) | Presenter Judith Römhild-Raviart (University of Brighton (UK))
- 30 minutes | 11:00 AM -11:30 AM Part of: Concurrent session 3b : SPECIAL TRACK: Animal Justice
- Edgar Antipatrov and Janne Liburd Title : Ethics in Wildlife Tourism Management
- Presenter Edgar Antipatrov (SDU) | Presenter Janne Liburd (University of Southern Denmark)
- 30 minutes | 11:30 AM -12:00 PM Part of: Concurrent session 3b : SPECIAL TRACK: Animal Justice