Mary Fogarty Woehrel
Graduate Program Director in Dance (MA/PhD) and Associate Professor
Participe à 2 sessions
My latest publication is "Why are Breaking Battles Judged?" in the Oxford Handbook of Dance and Competition. I am currently editing a special edition for Contemporary Music Review on hip hop music and dance and co-editing the Oxford Handbook of Hip-Hop Dance Studies anthology with Imani Kai Johnson as well as co-editing a special edition of Performance Matters journal with Alana Gerecke. My current research project is about posturing in performance (with first chapter for this forthcoming in the Oxford Handbook of Punk Rock) and this has shifted into a rethinking of manner manuals from the 1890s to present day self-help books and the framing of posture concerns in the output of public intellectuals. I am also developing a sustained sociological study about how the spine is discussed in various scientific discourses and the trickle down of these ideas into everyday talk and practices. I have been distracted from this effort by my fascination with community edible food forests and an obsession with gardening that has overtaken my life.
Sessions auxquelles Mary Fogarty Woehrel participe
- Atelier 2 - Le hip hop et la politique du «devenir» Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) - DS-1520
- 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM | 2 heures
- 3- On Taylor Swift’s Posturing and Hip Hop Aesthetics in the Reputation Tour of 2018 - Mary Fogarty, York University
- Participant.e Mary Fogarty Woehrel (York University ) |
- 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM | 2 heures Partie de: Atelier 4 - Musique populaire et avenir féministe: swag, postures et combats
- In 2015, the subject of Taylor Swift’s“bad” posture apparently warranted numerous articles and fan commentary. Today her statuesque post...