Getting to and from the Airport
Option 1: There is a bus from the airport to downtown called the 747 Express that costs $10 Canadian and only takes exact change in coins. Depending on where you’re staying, you can transfer from the bus to the metro (i.e., subway) system. You may wish to get a 3-day or weekly transit pass, as these also include the airport bus.
Option 2: Taxis offer a flat rate of $41 (plus tax and tip) from the airport to downtown.
Option 3: Another alternative is UberX, but note that pickup is in a specific spot at the airport.
Option 4: Some downtown hotels have shuttle service to and from the airport. (https://www.admtl.com/en/access/transports/hotel-shuttles).
Getting around town
- If you're staying at one of the conference hotels, you should be able walk to the venues each day
- Montreal has an extensive transit network of subways and busses with various passes (1-day, 3-day, 1 week, etc.): http://www.stm.info/en
- The closest metro station to the main venue is Place-des-Arts station.
- The Thursday late-afternoon opening ceremony is a bit further away (25 min. walk), so you may wish to plan to take the subway or another means to get there.
- There is a bike-share system called Bixi (they offer a 3-day or 10-trip pass): https://www.bixi.com