Participates in 2 items
Sessions in which Manitok Thompson participates
- Preserving Inuit Culture and Language in Canada’s Arctic: A Case Study of the Inuit Broadcasting Corporation - Manitok Thompson
- Participant Manitok Thompson |
- 11:45 AM - 12:15 PM | 30 minutes Part of: Bringing it Back: The Reclamation of Inuit Digital Collections, Archives and Knowledge - Brendan Griebel & Sean Guistini
- In 2006 in Nunavut, some 9,000 hours of analogue video materials on five outdated formats were degrading quickly. The recordings were haphazard...
- Starting the big conversation: a gathering about Inuit archives - Anita Kora, Mark Turner, Jennelle Doyle, Brendan Griebel, Jessica Kotierk, Kyle Crotty, Heather Campbell, James Gorton, Jameson C. Brant, Sarah Gauntlett, Manitok Thompson, Douglas Wharram
- Moderator Mark Turner (OKâlaKatiget Society & Memorial University of Newfoundland) | Participant Jennelle Doyle | Participant Brendan Griebel | Moderator Anita Kora | Participant Jessica Kotierk (Nunavut Film Development Corp.) | Participant Kyle Crotty (Nunatsiavut Government) | Participant Heather Campbell (Library and Archives Canada) | Participant James Gorton (Hudson's Bay Company Archives) | Participant Sarah Gauntlett (Avataq Cultural Institute) | Participant Manitok Thompson | Participant Douglas Wharram (Memorial University) | Participant Jameson C. Brant (Canadian Museum of History) |
- 1:15 PM - 3:15 PM | 2 hours Part of: Archives 3
- Inuit are no strangers to the materials and practices of archives. This is visible all across Inuit Nunaat: in the arts, genealogy, in politic...