Participates in 3 items
Sessions in which Alana Johns participates
- Productive truth: On the importance of oral accuracy in Inuit culture - Jaypeetee Arnakak, Louis-Jacques Dorais & Alana Johns
- Participant Jaypeetee Arnakak (Inhabit Education ) | Participant Louis-Jacques Dorais | Participant Alana Johns |
- 4:45 PM - 5:45 PM | 1 hour Part of: Education 3: Language
- In recent years, the value Inuit place on oral history has come to the forefront of broader Canadian culture, in particular with the discovery of t...
- Inuttut Ilivallianik Café: Adult Intermediate Inuttut Group - Shirley Jararuse, Alana Johns & Amos Suarak
- Participant Shirley Jararuse (Nunatsiavut Government) | Participant Alana Johns |
- 5:15 PM - 5:45 PM | 30 minutes Part of: Linguistics 6: Revitalization 2
- Context: Most Indigenous communities across Canada and internationally are struggling for language retention within their communities. There is ...
- Linguistics 7: Revitalization 3 Sherbrooke Pavilion (SH) - SH-3260
- 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM | 1 hour 30 minutes