Library and Archives Canada
Participates in 1 Session
Sessions in which Beth Greenhorn participates
- Inuit Cultural Heritage: Forging a Path from Museum to Community - Dawn Biddison, Bernadette Miqqusaaq Dean, Bernadette Driscoll Engelstad, Beth Greenhorn, Sonya Kelliher Combs, Joanne Schmidt
- Moderator Bernadette Engelstad (Arctic Studies Center, Smithsonian Institution) | Participant Beth Greenhorn (Library and Archives Canada) | Participant joanne schmidt | Participant Sonya Kelliher Combs | Participant Bernadette Dean | Participant Dawn Biddison (Arctic Studies Center, Smithsonian Institution, Anchorage) |
- 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM | 1 hour 30 minutes Part of: Archives 1
- The richly creative, physical manifestation of Inuit cultural heritage, preserved yet often hidden away in museum and archival storerooms across No...
Sessions in which Beth Greenhorn attends
- Bringing it Back: The Reclamation of Inuit Digital Collections, Archives and Knowledge - Brendan Griebel & Sean Guistini DoubleTree par Hilton Montréal - Soprano A (on Level 4)
- 9:00 AM - 3:15 PM | 6 hours 15 minutes
- Across the Inuit Nunangat, there is a growing movement towards the reclamation of Inuit cultural collections. It ...
- Inuit Collections and the Virtual Platform for Indigenous Art - Brittany Bergin, Brendan Griebel and Gerald McMaster
- Participant Brendan Griebel | Participant Brittany Bergin |
- 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM | 30 minutes Part of: Bringing it Back: The Reclamation of Inuit Digital Collections, Archives and Knowledge - Brendan Griebel & Sean Guistini
- The Wapatah Centre for Indigenous Visual Knowledge is dedicated to the research potential inherent through Indigenous ways of seeing. Wapatah highl...
- Opening Ceremony Pavillion Henry F. Hall Building, Concordia University - DB Clarke Theatre
- 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM | 30 minutes
- Library and Archives Canada’s Northern Content Film Collection: Understanding Faces, Places and Spaces through Moving Images - Caroline Forcier Holloway
- Participant Caroline Forcier Holloway (Library and Archives Canada) |
- 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM | 30 minutes Part of: Film 1
- Over ten years ago, Caroline Forcier Holloway, Senior Audiovisual Archivist, embarked on a part-time project to survey Library and Archives Canada’...
- Reclaiming Inuit knowledge in pursuit of self-governance: Regulating research through relationships - Amy Hudson & Julie Bull
- Participant Amy Hudson | Participant Julie Bull |
- 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM | 30 minutes Part of: Knowledge 2: Research
- Leading research initiatives that respond to community priorities, needs and interests in an effort to enhance ethical research that is Inuit commu...
- We are Here, sharing stories through archival material - Heather Campbell
- Participant Heather Campbell (Library and Archives Canada) |
- 4:15 PM - 4:45 PM | 30 minutes Part of: Archives 2
- We Are Here, Sharing Stories is a three-year mass digitization initiative at Library and Archives Canada (LAC) that involves in-depth resear...
- John Shiwak’s last resting place in Masnières, France - France Rivet
- Participant France Rivet |
- 4:15 PM - 4:45 PM | 30 minutes Part of: Religion & History
- From being an Inuk trapper, hunter and sealer in Rigolet (Labrador), John Shiwak became the Newfoundland regiment’s best sniper, some even say, ...
- Inuit self-determined research - Nunatsiavut Government, Makivik Corporation, Nunavut Tunngavik, Inuvialuit Regional Corporation, Inuit Circumpolar Council Canada, Pauktuutit Inuit Women of Canada, National Inuit Youth Council, Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami
- Moderator Karen Kelley | Moderator Natan Obed (Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami) |
- 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM | 1 hour 30 minutes Part of: Research 2
- In March 2018, Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami (ITK) released the National Inuit Strategy on Research (NISR). The NISR envisions research that empowers us ...
- Round Table
- Keynote 6: Natan Obed Sherbrooke Pavilion (SH) - Amphitheatre (SH-2800)
- 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM | 1 hour
- Natan Obed is the President of Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami. He is originally from Nain, the north- ernmost community in Labradorʼs Nunatsiavut regio...
- Youth 4 : Recreating a place of honour and respect for young people - Jrène Rahm, Tim Anaviapik-Soucie, Kativik Ilisarniliriniq, Jackie Kidd, Vincent L'Hérault, Jonathan Pitseolak, Shirley Tagalik, Charlie Nowkawalk & Loïc Fauteux-Goulet Sherbrooke Pavilion (SH) - SH-3580
- 1:15 PM - 3:15 PM | 2 hours
- This panel brings together Inuit leaders and allies from different environmental stewardship projects and curriculum initiatives in Inuit Nunangat ...
- Starting the big conversation: a gathering about Inuit archives - Anita Kora, Mark Turner, Jennelle Doyle, Brendan Griebel, Jessica Kotierk, Kyle Crotty, Heather Campbell, James Gorton, Jameson C. Brant, Sarah Gauntlett, Manitok Thompson, Douglas Wharram
- Moderator Mark Turner (OKâlaKatiget Society & Memorial University of Newfoundland) | Participant Jennelle Doyle | Participant Brendan Griebel | Moderator Anita Kora | Participant Jessica Kotierk (Nunavut Film Development Corp.) | Participant Kyle Crotty (Nunatsiavut Government) | Participant Heather Campbell (Library and Archives Canada) | Participant James Gorton (Hudson's Bay Company Archives) | Participant Sarah Gauntlett (Avataq Cultural Institute) | Participant Manitok Thompson | Participant Douglas Wharram (Memorial University) | Participant Jameson C. Brant (Canadian Museum of History) |
- 1:15 PM - 3:15 PM | 2 hours Part of: Archives 3
- Inuit are no strangers to the materials and practices of archives. This is visible all across Inuit Nunaat: in the arts, genealogy, in politic...
- From Bystander to Ally: let's have a talk - Emanuel Lowi
- Participant ᒫᓂ ᓚᐅᕆᑦ Emanuel Lowi (Concordia University) |
- 2:15 PM - 2:45 PM | 30 minutes Part of: Education 11: Cross-cultural
- Why do university undergraduates choose to take a course about the Inuit? What motivates students who may not be pursuing degrees in Indigenous stu...
- Proposed Inuit Research Network and Inuit Quajimajatuqangit (IRNIQ) - Heather Campbell Sherbrooke Pavilion (SH) - Amphitheatre (SH-2800)
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM | 1 hour
- Mr. Bernard Saladin d’Anglure C.M., President of Association Inuksiutiit Katimajiit Inc. stated in his letter dated August 9, 2017: