Bilingual Education across the Inuit Homeland - Shelley Tuloch & Yasmine Charara
1. Which programs and models have been tried in each region, and what were the outcomes?
2. What are the most impactful first steps to improving proficiency in Inuktut and national languages?
3. How can multiple languages be taught in ways that support competency in each language?
4. What is the relative place of literacy and orality in Inuktut curricula?
5. How have land programs enhanced language learning?
6. How do different regions work with multiple dialects within a single educational system?
7. How are different regions creating Inuktut literature for use in schools? For example, are translations of classic literature desired, created, and used? What are examples of Inuit-authored literature, and how can it be supported?
8. How is Inuktut language learning being assessed?