Iviqtippalliajut: In the Process of Falling Into Place - Shuvinai Mike
• Inuuqatigiitsiarniq: Respecting others, relationships and caring for people.
• Tunnganarniq: Fostering good spirits by being open, welcoming and inclusive.
• Pijitsirniq: Serving and providing for family and/or community.
• Aajiiqatigiiniq: Decision making through discussion and consensus.
• Pilimmaksarniq/Pijariusarniq: Development of skills through observation, mentoring, practice, and effort.
• Piliriqatigiinniq/Ikajuqtigiiniq: Working together for a common cause.
• Qanuqtuurniq: Being innovative and resourceful.
• Avatittinnik Kamatsiarniq: Respect and care for the land, animals and the environment.
Previous foundational mandates include: the Bathurst Mandate, Pinasuaqtavut, 1999-2004; Sivumut Abluqta, 2014-2018; and most current the Turaaqtavut, 2018-2022. As well as, the application of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, Articles 23 and 32, the Official Languages Act and the Inuit Language Protection Act.
Government of Nunavut departments and public bodies will seek the advice, guidance and recommendations submitted by the Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit Katimajiit (IQK) through the management and reporting mechanisms administered by the IQ Division of the Department of Culture and Heritage.
The IQ Division of the Department of Culture and Heritage wishes to share its experiences in the development and implementation of the Framework and discuss its potential in recognizing, acknowledging and integrating Inuktut and ISV in the community.