Professor, Department of Politics and Research Director, Sustainable Consumption Institute
University of Lethbridge
Participates in 2 items
Matthew Paterson is Professor of International Politics at the University of Manchester and Research Director of the Sustainable Consumption Institute. His research focuses on the political economy of global environmental change. His publications include Global Warming and Global Politics (1996), Automobile Politics (2007), Climate Capitalism: global warming and the transformation of the global economy (with Peter Newell, 2010), and Transnational Climate Change Governance (with HarrietBulkeley and 8 others, Cambridge University Press 2014). He is currently focused on the political economy and cultural politics of climatechange, and starting to work on the networked character of global climate governance.
Sessions in which Matthew Paterson participates
- Day 3 - Rethinking climate models, carbon markets and governance
- 9:29 AM EDT - 9:30 AM EDT | 1 minute
- Matthew Paterson: The centrality of politics to climate change and the problem of climate politics
- 10:50 AM EDT - 12:05 PM EDT | 1 hour 15 minutes
- Integrating the social sciences into knowledge production about climate change is widely recognized as difficult, for various reasons. But politica...