Prof. Thomas Coomans
KU Leuven, Raymond Lemaire International Centre for Conservation
Participates in 1 Session
Prof. at KU Leuven, Department of Architecture, staff member of Raymond Lemaire International Centre for Conservation RLICC / chercheur associé à la Chaire de recherche du Canada en patrimoine urbain UQAM ESG / council member of Future for Religious Heritage FRH / member of ICOMOS scientific committee on Shared Built Heritage / member of 中国文物保护基金会 (China Cultural Relics Protection Foundation).
Sessions in which Prof. Thomas Coomans participates
- 14.15 Brussels’ Churches: Paradoxical Uses in an International Metropolis
- Participant Prof. Thomas Coomans (KU Leuven, Raymond Lemaire International Centre for Conservation) |
- 13:30 - 14:00 | 30 minutes Part of: Heritage and the New Fate of Sacred Places | Le patrimoine et le destin des lieux sacrés
- The World Migration Report 2015 revealed that 62% of Brussels’ population is not born in Belgium. Brussels, therefore, is the second migration c...
Sessions in which Prof. Thomas Coomans attends
- Keynote: Renaming, Removal, Recontextualization of Heritage: Purging History, Claiming the Present, Imagining the Future? (What Change-Role for Heritage Professionals?) (James Count Early)
- Signup required Musée des Beaux-Ars de Montréal - Cummings Auditorium
- 14:00 - 15:30 | 1 hour 30 minutes
- "What does heritage change?" is a multifaceted question to which the answer(s) are in primary respects related to real-life negotiations among dif...
- Keynote with simultaneous translation / Conférence avec traduction simultanée
- Heritage and the New Fate of Sacred Places | Le patrimoine et le destin des lieux sacrés
- Signup required Oratoire Saint-Joseph du Mont-Royal (St. Joseph Oratory) - Salle Raoul-Gauthier
- 13:30 - 17:00 | 3 hours 30 minutes
- While historical churches are being abandoned all over the Christian West, more and more places are growing the opposite way: pilgrimage sites are ...
- Regular session