Industrial landscape: a resilient palimpsest of memory III
This session brings together a set of studies focused on the uses adaptative reuses (and even replications) of industrial heritage in the larger context of its urban and social landscapes. Urban industrial memory, its social and territorial impacts, as well as its conservation and promotion, will be discussed from a variety of case studies ranging from Central and Southern Europe to Turkey, China and North America. The interdisciplinary approaches underlying each of the studies will also be discussed, from the methodology of the archaeology of industrialization to new interpretive perspectives based, for example, on documentary archaeology or the geographic information systems.
- Time-relational reading between culture and form: Transformation of Beykoz Sümerbank industrial complex until the 1990s
- Speaker Gozde Yildiz (PhD Candidate in Politecnico di Torino)
- 20 minutos | 1:30 PM - 1:50 PM Translation_fallback: part of: Industrial landscape: a resilient palimpsest of memory III
- Ruin and revival: Pittsburgh's city staircases as artifacts of alternative urban histories and contemporary narratives
- Speaker Elena Clarke
- 30 minutos | 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM Translation_fallback: part of: Industrial landscape: a resilient palimpsest of memory III