Montréal’s neigbourhoods are like the members of an extended family. They each have their personality, their qualities and their tastes. You need to take the time to get to know them and appreciate them for their uniqueness. All put together, they make Montréal the eclectic and charming city that it is.
To discover all the neighborhoods, visit the website of our partner Tourisme Montréal.
Explore the city center
Daytime, nighttime, anytime — Montréal’s downtown is one part sophistication and one part entertainment. For first-time visitors, here are some beloved activities.
- See the city from the top of Place Ville Marie
- Go on a shopping spree along Sainte-Catherine Street, the longest commercial street in Canada
- Discover an new artist at the MAC, the museum of contemporary art
- Sip cocktails on a patio on vivacious Crescent Street during F1 week
- Explore the city’s underground pedestrian network
- Join Montrealers in celebrating at one of the many festivals.
Travel from past to present in Old Montréal
For almost 400 years, travellers have oohed and aahed at the architectural beauties of Old Montréal and the Old Port. And while the turn of every corner reveals another timeless surprise, these are some definite top of the list musts to experience before heading back into the modern world.
- Marvel at the Notre-Dame Basilica
- Take a walk back in time down Saint Paul Street
- Reach new heights and experience new vistas on the Grande Roue de Montréal
- Share the view of the St. Lawrence with the angels of Ville-Marie atop the Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel
- Play urban archaeologist and trace the fortifications from Pointe-à-Callière