Dr Anna Woodham
King's College London
Participates in 2 items
Anna Woodham is a Lecturer in Arts and Cultural Management in the department of Culture, Media and Creative Industries, King's College London. Prior to this Anna worked at the Ironbridge International Institute for Cultural Heritage (IIICH) at the University of Birmingham lecturing in Heritage Management. Anna comes from a Policy and museum practice background, and has worked at the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) who co-funded Anna’s PhD research on social inclusion and the geography of school visits to museums. This research looked at the social impact of taking school children from some of the most deprived areas of England to museums and considered the importance of recognising museums’ geographic reach and spatial relationship to audiences. Prior to starting her PhD, Anna worked in the museum sector including posts at the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge and the British Dental Association museum among others. Currently, Anna is involved in several AHRC research projects which extend her interest in material culture, the historic environment and its relationship to audiences. These include a project to explore possible interventions around ‘unloved’ museum collections and another which focuses on how climate change may alter our understandings of heritage and its value.
Sessions in which Dr Anna Woodham participates
- 15.50 Troubled Waters, Stormy Futures: Heritage in Times of Accelerated Climate Change
- Participant Dr Anna Woodham (King's College London) | Participant Dr Bryony Onciul (Univerisity of Exeter) |
- 11:00 - 11:30 | 30 minutes Part of: Heritage Futures / Utopian Currents I
- In response to the guiding theme of the conference “What does heritage change?” this paper will explore how changes to the way we traditionally ...
- Critical Heritage Studies in the UK: Future Directions Concordia, John Molson School of Business Building (MB) - MB 5.215
- 15:30 - 17:00 | 1 hour 30 minutes
- What is the future of the UK and what is the role of heritage in this shifting political landscape? How have debates on heritage in the UK chang...
Sessions in which Dr Anna Woodham attends
- What is Critical Heritage Studies: Open Forum
- Signup required UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS-R520
- 13:00 - 15:00 | 2 hours
- This forum will explore the current directions of critical heritage studies and what makes ACHS distinctive. Panel members will discuss what the...