Professor of Anthropology
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Participates in 1 Session
Sharon Roseman is Professor of Anthropology at Memorial University of Newfoundland. Her research has focused on historical anthropology; memory; labour; gender; transportation, rural-urban-global dynamics; heritage; cultural, and language politics; and critical mobilities studies.
Sessions in which Sharon Roseman participates
- 09.30 Memorializing Bell Island Mining Mobilities
- Participant Sharon Roseman (Memorial University of Newfoundland) |
- 9:00 - 9:30 | 30 minutes Part of: Labour, Mobility and Heritage
- Just before six o’clock on Sunday evening, November 10, 1940, the bow of the MV Golden Dawn collided with the MV Garland, throwing its passenger...
Sessions in which Sharon Roseman attends
- Keynote: Is Tangible to Intangible as Formal is to Informal ? (Michael Herzfeld)
- Signup required UQAM, pavillon Judith-Jasmin (J) - Salle Alfred-Laliberté
- 18:30 - 20:00 | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Most of what we experience as heritage emerges into conscious recognition through a complex mixture of political and ideological filters, including...
- Keynote with simultaneous translation / Conférence avec traduction simultanée
- Un chant yiddish au creux de l'oreille - Traversée
- Signup required Concordia, John Molson School of Business Building (MB) - MB 2.130
- 7:30 - 8:30 | 1 hour
- (in French and English) L’artiste et anthropologue Miléna Kartowski-Aïach no...
- Moving Memory: Difficult Histories in Dialogue (exhibition opening) Concordia, LB Building - LB 671 CaPSL/CEREV
- 13:30 - 15:00 | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Around the globe the planning of large-scale memorial-museum projects concerned with violent histories are frequently marred by conflict, omissi...
- Film Series: Mill Stories: Remembering Sparrows Point Steel Mill
- Signup required Concordia, LB Building - LB 125
- 19:00 - 19:35 | 35 minutes
- Directed by William Shewbridge and Michelle Stefano USA; 35 mins Presented by Michelle Stefano ___ After 125 years o...