Australian National University
Participates in 1 Session
Sessions in which Jieyi Xie participates
- 16.30 The Silk Roads or Economic Belt: An Analysis of the Interaction Between China’s World Heritage and its Economic and Political Ambitions
- Participant Jieyi Xie (Australian National University) |
- 9:00 - 9:30 | 30 minutes Part of: Heritage Shifts in East Asia: Communication between Global Policies and Local Practices
- This paper aims to map how the Silk Roads World Heritage listing has been utilized in diplomatic ways to construct both internally and externall...
Sessions in which Jieyi Xie attends
- Keynote: Is Tangible to Intangible as Formal is to Informal ? (Michael Herzfeld)
- Signup required UQAM, pavillon Judith-Jasmin (J) - Salle Alfred-Laliberté
- 18:30 - 20:00 | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Most of what we experience as heritage emerges into conscious recognition through a complex mixture of political and ideological filters, including...
- Keynote with simultaneous translation / Conférence avec traduction simultanée
- Around the Université du Québec à Montréal: visit of Chinatown | Autour de l’Université du Québec à Montréal : visite du Quartier chinois
- Signup required UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS Registration table (meeting point)
- 7:00 - 8:45 | 1 hour 45 minutes
- (In English) Chinatown, born in the second half of the 19th century, is a hub of commercial and sociocultural activities which showcases Chinese cu...
- Canal: Walking the Post-Industrial Lachine Canal
- Signup required Concordia, Engineering, Computer Science and Visual Arts Integrated Complex Building (EV) - EV Atrium (meeting point)
- 7:00 - 9:00 | 2 hours
- Canal: Walking the Post-Industrial Lachine Canal (COHDS, 2013 - bilingual) is an audio-walk and booklet ...