John Leroux has practiced in the fields of art history, architecture, visual art, curation, and education. He is currently the manager of collections and exhibitions at the Beaverbrook Art Gallery. Leroux holds a bachelor of architecture degree from McGill University, a master’s in art history from Concordia University, and a PhD in history from the University of New Brunswick, where his doctoral research involved the exploration of Modernism in New Brunswick between 1930 and 1975, focusing on its cultural and socio-political reach. He has published sixteen books on art and architecture, including “Building New Brunswick: an architectural history,” “Glorious Light: the Stained Glass of Fredericton” and "A Vision in Wood and Stone: The Architecture of Mount Allison University". He was selected to be a team member of Canada’s official entry at the 2012 Venice Biennale in Architecture, and he has taught at the University of New Brunswick, the New Brunswick College of Craft and Design, and St. Thomas University.
Sessions in which John Leroux participates
- Chocolate and basketball UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS-R520
- Presenter John Leroux (Canada) |
- 4:00 PM - 4:20 PM | 20 minutes Part of: Current research B
- Basketball was invented in 1891 by James Naismith, a Canadian, at the International YMCA College in Massachusetts. As a student, Lyman Arc...
Sessions in which John Leroux attends
- Opening Event
- Signup required Dawson Hall (Le Balcon) St James united - Dawson Hall
- 4:45 PM - 8:30 PM | 3 hours 45 minutes
- We propose a rich and colorful inaugural evening, in a mythical place: Dawson Hall, behind St James United Church (1887-1889, Alexander Francis ...
- Walking tour in the Centre-sud neighborhood
- Signup required UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS Registration table (meeting point)
- 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Walking tour of the working-class housing and churches of Saint-Pierre-Apôtre and Sainte-Brigide-de-Kildare (now the Sainte-Brigide Cultural and...