Dora B Aamot
I am a PhD fellow at UiT – The Arctic University of Norway. My doctoral research emphasizes the significance of sustainability and resilience of the tourism companies in Alta, Northern Norway, as well as examines the companies' ability and willingness to adapt and transform to global changes and the corona and post-corona situation. I have BA degrees in Economy, as well as in Health and Wellness Tourism. I have obtained my MA degree in Tourism Studies. My thesis research investigated sense of place and place attachment connected to the arctic archipelago of Svalbard, Spitsbergen. My main research interest is nature-based tourism, arctic tourism, especially winter tourism, and I am engaged in environmental and social sustainability. I am originally from Hungary, but I have been living and working in Norway for 14 years. Currently I am based in Alta, Northern Norway.
translation_fallback: Sessions in which Dora B Aamot translation_fallback: participates
- Dora B Aamot Title : Cooperation and sustaining tourism during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Presenter Dora B Aamot (UiT The Arctic University of Norway) |
- translation_fallback: 11:35 AM - translation_fallback: 11:50 AM | 15 minutos Translation_fallback: part of: Workshop : Tourism, justice and Indigenous landscapes
- Cooperation and sustaining tourism during the COVID-19 pandemicbyDora B Aamot
translation_fallback: Sessions in which Dora B Aamot translation_fallback: attends
- Keynote Speaker : Lucie K. Morisset : A just role for tourism: from cultural narratives to the right to heritage. Historical overview and research avenues
- translation_fallback: 2:00 PM - translation_fallback: 3:30 PM | 1 translation_fallback: hour 30 minutos
- (In French with simultaneous translation)The increase in tourist numbers in certain places that have become "destinations" has recently brought ...
- Workshop : Tourism, justice and Indigenous landscapes
- translation_fallback: 10:00 AM - translation_fallback: 12:30 PM | 2 translation_fallback: hours 30 minutos
- Moderator: Prof. Britt Kramvig (UiT) and Dr. Bryan S.R. Grimwood (UWaterloo)In this panel, Scholars and PhD students from UiT The ...
- Keynote Jafet Quintero Venegas and Álvaro López Title : The Night Walk: from a dangerous migration to a tourist performance.
- translation_fallback: 9:30 AM - translation_fallback: 10:30 AM | 1 translation_fallback: hour
- The Night Walk: from a dangerous migration to a tourist performance.ByJafet Quintero VenegasandAlvaro LopezThe Night...
- Concurrent session 3a : SPECIAL TRACK: BI-POC issues in tourism, travel and mobility
- translation_fallback: 10:30 AM - translation_fallback: 1:00 PM | 2 translation_fallback: hours 30 minutos
- Tourism RESET will be leading a special track: BI-POC issues in tourism, tr...
- Keynote Evita Robinson Title : Ethical and Equitable Tourism Data
- translation_fallback: 1:00 PM - translation_fallback: 2:00 PM | 1 translation_fallback: hour
- Ethical and Equitable Tourism DataBy Evita RobinsonThis keynote covers the intersection of data and tourism. In 2020 NOMADNESS...
- SPECIAL TRACK: BI-POC issues in tourism, travel and mobility : Decompression Session
- translation_fallback: 2:15 PM - translation_fallback: 3:15 PM | 1 translation_fallback: hour
- We are offering time for reflection, processing, and a moment for clarity within a decompression session workshop. These sessions will help folx...
- Keynote Heather Mair : Title Tourism and the illiberal turn
- translation_fallback: 1:00 PM - translation_fallback: 2:30 PM | 1 translation_fallback: hour 30 minutos
- We are living in an era of growing illiberalism and authoritarianism. Tourism scholars must confront this...