Dora B Aamot
I am a PhD fellow at UiT – The Arctic University of Norway. My doctoral research emphasizes the significance of sustainability and resilience of the tourism companies in Alta, Northern Norway, as well as examines the companies' ability and willingness to adapt and transform to global changes and the corona and post-corona situation. I have BA degrees in Economy, as well as in Health and Wellness Tourism. I have obtained my MA degree in Tourism Studies. My thesis research investigated sense of place and place attachment connected to the arctic archipelago of Svalbard, Spitsbergen. My main research interest is nature-based tourism, arctic tourism, especially winter tourism, and I am engaged in environmental and social sustainability. I am originally from Hungary, but I have been living and working in Norway for 14 years. Currently I am based in Alta, Northern Norway.
Sessions auxquelles Dora B Aamot participe
- Dora B Aamot Title : Cooperation and sustaining tourism during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Présentateur.rice Dora B Aamot (UiT The Arctic University of Norway) |
- 11:35 AM - 11:50 AM | 15 minutes Partie de: Workshop : Tourism, justice and Indigenous landscapes
- Cooperation and sustaining tourism during the COVID-19 pandemicbyDora B Aamot
Sessions auxquelles Dora B Aamot assiste
- Keynote Speaker : Lucie K. Morisset : Tourisme et patrimoine. L'histoire critique d'un vieux couple, ou regards sur les fondations d'un monde imaginaire
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM | 1 heure 30 minutes
- L’accroissement de la fréquentation touristique dans certains lieux devenus des « destinations » a, ces derniers temps, remis à l’avant-plan le ...
- Workshop : Tourism, justice and Indigenous landscapes
- 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM | 2 heures 30 minutes
- Moderator: Prof. Britt Kramvig (UiT) and Dr. Bryan S.R. Grimwood (UWaterloo)In this panel, Scholars and PhD students from UiT The ...
- Keynote Jafet Quintero Venegas and Álvaro López Title : The Night Walk: from a dangerous migration to a tourist performance.
- 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM | 1 heure
- The Night Walk: from a dangerous migration to a tourist performance.ByJafet Quintero VenegasandAlvaro LopezThe Night...
- Concurrent session 3a : SPECIAL TRACK: BI-POC issues in tourism, travel and mobility
- 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM | 2 heures 30 minutes
- Tourism RESET will be leading a special track: BI-POC issues in tourism, tr...
- Keynote Evita Robinson Title : Ethical and Equitable Tourism Data
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM | 1 heure
- Ethical and Equitable Tourism DataBy Evita RobinsonThis keynote covers the intersection of data and tourism. In 2020 NOMADNESS...
- SPECIAL TRACK: BI-POC issues in tourism, travel and mobility : Decompression Session
- 2:15 PM - 3:15 PM | 1 heure
- We are offering time for reflection, processing, and a moment for clarity within a decompression session workshop. These sessions will help folx...
- Keynote Heather Mair : Title Tourism and the illiberal turn
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM | 1 heure 30 minutes
- We are living in an era of growing illiberalism and authoritarianism. Tourism scholars must confront this...