Professor, Department of Geography, Director, ESCER Centre
Université du Québec à Montréal
Participates in 2 items
Philippe Gachon received his Ph.D. in 1999 at UQAM in Environmental Sciences, followed by a post-doctoral fellow (Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Maurice Lamontagne Institute). From 2003 to 2014, he was a research scientist at Environment Canada in the Impact and Adaptation Research Division and at the Canadian Centre for Climate modelling and analysis. Since December 2014, he has been a professor of hydro-climatology at UQAM. From 2017 to 2019, he held the Strategic Research Chair on Hydrometeorological Risks Related to Climate Change. Since June 2019, he has been Director of the ESCER Research Centre (Regional Scale Climate Study and Simulation). PhilippeGachon currently leads the QuebecInterSectoral Flooding Network (RIISQ), which brings together 16 universities and more than 160 researchers across Quebec.
Sessions in which Philippe Gachon participates
- Day 2 - Designing and Computing Climate Change Models: From ‘Limits to Growth’ to IPCC's Reports
- 9:29 AM EDT - 9:30 AM EDT | 1 minute
- Philippe Gachon: Climate change sciences and models: For a comprehensive level of understanding of climate risks
- 2:00 PM EDT - 3:15 PM EDT | 1 hour 15 minutes
- In recent decades, changes in climate have caused tremendous impacts on natural and human systems across the world, with an increase in socio-ec...