- Workshop with Dennis Meadows: Cognitive challenges of modeling long-term climate change dynamics
- 8:30 AM EDT - 10:30 AM EDT | 2 heures
- The phenomenon of climate change is still characterized by large uncertainty and ambiguous vocabulary. Thus rational discussion is difficult. In th...
- Naomi Oreskes : Can Science Be Saved?: Moving Beyond Climate Denial
- 11:00 AM EDT - 12:15 PM EDT | 1 heure 15 minutes
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, public debates about the validity of scientific findings and the value of science have intensified, as some Americans...
- Paul Thagard: History of Cognitive Science and Its Relevance to Climate Change
- 12:45 PM EDT - 2:00 PM EDT | 1 heure 15 minutes
- Cognitive science is the interdisciplinary study of mind, embracing psychology, computer modeling, neuroscience, linguistics, anthropology, and phi...
- Eric Winsberg: Climate Science and Uncertainty
- 2:05 PM EDT - 3:20 PM EDT | 1 heure 15 minutes
- Over the last several years, there has been an explosion of interest and attention devoted to the problem of Uncertainty Quantification (UQ) in cli...