Participates in 1 Session
Peter G.J. Breukink (1952), after being head of education and deputy director of the municipal museum in Zutphen(NL) was appointed in 1987 as director of Stichting Oude Groninger Kerken (Old Groningen Churches Foundation) in one of the northern provinces of the Netherlands. This foundation is the largest private organization in the field of the religious heritage in the Netherlands, since 1969 trendsetting in the fields of restoration, management en re-use of religious monuments, cultural tourism and heritage education. In all these areas the foundation awarded prizes, including the Europa Nostra Award and Monument Price of the Dutch Prince Bernhard Cultural Fund. Peter Breukink leads the professional staff consisiting of 16 persons. The foundation has 6000 donors and about 600 volunteers who are committed to the mangement of churches and sites locally. At present, the foundation owns more than 80 churches, 2 synagogues, 52 historic semeteries and 5 pesbyteries, making it the largest secular religious heritage owner in the Netherlands. Peter Breukink holds various positions in heritage organizations.
Sessions in which Peter Breukink participates
- 10.00 A Future for Our Religious Heritage: A Matter of Co-Operation, Money and Organization
- Participant Peter Breukink |
- 7:30 - 8:00 | 30 minutes Part of: Beyond Re-uses: The Future of Church Monuments in a Secular Society | Au-delà de la conversion: l'avenir des églises monumentales dans une société sécularisée
- The preservation of many historic churches is, in these years, under serious threat. Church communities can not afford the costs any lon...
Sessions in which Peter Breukink attends
- Beyond Re-uses: The Future of Church Monuments in a Secular Society | Au-delà de la conversion: l'avenir des églises monumentales dans une société sécularisée
- Signup required Église Saint-Michel - Église Saint-Michel
- 7:30 - 15:30 | 8 hours
- __ Please note that this session is scheduled in a distant location from the main conference; transportation will be provided to regi...
- Regular session