University College of Southeast Norway
Participates in 1 Session
Geir Vestheim is professor of cultural policy and cultural management at University College of Southeast Norway. He has also been professor at Gothenburg University/University College of Borås, Sweden. Vestheim has published widely (books and journal articles) in the Nordic countries and internationally. He is on the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Cultural Policy and was until recently director of PhD Studies at University College of Southeast Norway. He has particpated in many scientific committees, is an experienced reviewer of scientific texts and has been leader of many research projects. Selected articles with relevance for the heritage research field: Geir Vestheim(2016) Democratic aspects of heritage policy. In Torgrim Sneve Guttormsen and Grethe Swensen (eds.) Heritage, Democracy and the Public. Ashgate. (forthcomng) Geir Vestheim (2012) Cultural Policy and Democracy: an Introduction. International Journal of Cultural Policy, Volume 18, Number 5, 2012, p. 493-504. Geir Vestheim (2012) Cultural Policy Making: Negotiations in an overlapping Zone between Culture, Politics and Money. International Journal of Cultural Policy, Volume 18, Number 5, 2012, p. 530-544. (This special issue of International Journal of Cultural Policy, Cultural Policy and Democracy, edited by Geir Vestheim, was also published as book at Routledge, 2015.) Anita Kangas and Geir Vestheim (2010) Institutionalism, Cultural Institutions and Cultural Policy in the Nordic Countries. Nordisk Kulturpolitisk Tidskrift (Nordic Journal of Cultural Policy) 2:2010. Geir Vestheim (2007) Cultural Policy and Democracy: Theoretical Reflections. International Journal of Cultural Policy, Volume 13, Number 2, 2007.
Sessions in which Geir Vestheim participates
- 11.00 Policy Institutions and Policy Agents as Makers of Cultural Heritage
- Participant Geir Vestheim (University College of Southeast Norway) |
- 11:00 - 11:30 | 30 minutes Part of: Cultural Contestation: Politics and Governance of Heritage
- This paper will depart from the idea that the making of cultural policy, and heritage policy included, takes place within a political system and...
Sessions in which Geir Vestheim attends
- Pre-Conference Tour: Old Montreal (2 groups) UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS Registration table (meeting point)
- 13:00 - 15:00 | 2 hours
- Find out more about all the eras that shaped Montréal with this interesting walking tour, from the foundation of Fort Ville-Marie in 1642 to today’...