Meanings and Conflicts of Heritage II
How do we manage conflicts of value, of representation, and of use to which the multitude of concepts of heritage open the door?
This session seeks to understand what diverse heritages, and heritage in general, signify within (and outside of) a community, and what might be the appropriate manner of intervention in public instances.
- Horsey Heritage: The brumby in Australian identity politics
- Participant Isa Menzies
- 30 minutes | 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM Part of: Meanings and Conflicts of Heritage II
- On the meaning of natural beauty in World Heritage designation
- Participant Adélie De Marre
- 30 minutes | 1:30 PM - 2:00 PM Part of: Meanings and Conflicts of Heritage II
- Post-disaster (Re)Construction of Heritage: Negotiating Value, Authenticity and Acceptable Change in Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
- Participant Vanicka Arora (Institute for Culture and Society)
- 30 minutes | 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM Part of: Meanings and Conflicts of Heritage II