Musée des ondes Emile Berliner
Participates in 1 Session
Since 2017, Dr Anja Borck is the director of the Musée des ondes Emile Berliner, a museum that is situated in the historic RCA Victor factory in the west part of Montreal, and dedicated to the history and technology of sound recording and associated topics. A doctoral thesis from Concordia University (Montreal) that looked at post-second-world-war industrial sites in Quebec and in Germany formed the background for her engagement with the museum. The doctoral thesis can be accessed online as well as her article on the Henry F. Hall building of the former Sir George William’s University, originally published in Architecture in Canada.
Sessions in which Anja Borck participates
- The Musée des ondes Emile Berliner, a site specific industrial museum UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS-1570
- Speaker Anja Borck (Musée des ondes Emile Berliner) |
- 9:00 AM - 9:20 AM | 20 minutes Part of: Museums and industrial culture: presentation and interpretation issues and cases I
- The Musée des ondes Emile Berliner (MOEB) is a site-specific technical history museum dedicated to sound recording and electromagnetic wave technol...
Sessions in which Anja Borck attends
- Opening ceremony
- Signup required UQAM, Cœur des sciences - Agora Hydro-Québec
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM | 2 hours
- Join the conference organisers and TICCIH board members for a welcome cocktail and some festive words of introduction, in the former forge of th...