Marta Rosenquist, PhD
E-mail address: [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dual citizenship: French and American
PhD in Fine Arts – December 2015 – AIX-MARSEILLE UNIVERSITÉ – thesis title: « The re-appropriation of former industrial spaces through contemporary creation: The Friche la Belle de Mai in Marseille ».
Recent publications and papers:
- BUFFA, Géraud, ROSENQUIST, Marta. « Patrimoine industriel et pollution. Le cas emblématique de Legré-Mante à Marseille », Patrimoine Industriel, no 76, juin 2020.
- ROSENQUIST, Marta. « Une Histoire de Julien Blaine » in Julien Blaine : Le Grand Dépotoir, (Catalogue for Friche la Belle de Mai Gallery exhibition), 171-174. Dijon: Les Presses du Réel - Al Dante, 2020.
- ROSENQUIST, Marta. La Friche la Belle de Mai à Marseille : Espaces industriels, politiques culturelles et art contemporain (publication of PhD thesis). Aix-en-Provence: Presses Universitaires de Provence, 2019.
- ROSENQUIST, Marta. "The role of indeterminate spaces in the development of visual arts in a former Marseille tobacco factory", XIXth International Conference on Industrial Heritage, Gijon, Spain, September 2017.
- ROSENQUIST, Marta. "La Friche la Belle de Mai and Tramway: Policies et trajectories of conversion into places of contemporary creation." XVIth International Congress TICCIH Lille Region 2015, September 2015.
Languages: English: Native speaker. French: Bilingual. Spanish: Limited working proficiency.
Other: Photography - Recent Exhibitions:
The Edge of Marseille in Lockdown, SocialDocumentaryNetwork.net, May 2020. Le Fond et la forme (duo with Jean Noël), Le Ryad, Marseille, April-May 2019.
CILAC: Member since 2004.
Sessions in which Marta Rosenquist participates
- Perspectives for the conversion of a 19th century Marseille tartaric acid factory : pollution, heritage, and grass roots initiatives UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS-R515
- Speaker Marta Rosenquist |
- 12:00 PM - 12:20 PM | 20 minutes Part of: Planning Instruments for Industrial Heritage Reuse and Regeneration through Citizen Engagement I
- From the early 19th century, the southern edge of the Marseille coastline was privileged with industries, including lead factories, spinning mills,...
Sessions in which Marta Rosenquist attends
- Narrating valuations – an urban strategy: Values of urban heritage as planning strategy in Vejle, a Danish working-class neighbourhood UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS-R515
- Speaker Kasper Albrektsen (Aarhus School of Archutecture) |
- 2:30 PM - 2:50 PM | 20 minutes Part of: Planning Instruments for Industrial Heritage Reuse and Regeneration through Citizen Engagement II
- In this paper, I will focus on the use of urban heritage as a planning tool in the transformation of an old working-class neighbourhood in the city...
- Sugar company towns, industrial heritage, and adaptive reuse : examples and counterpoints UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS-1580
- Presenter Gabriela Campagnol (Texas A&M University) |
- 9:30 AM - 9:50 AM | 20 minutes Part of: 20th century company towns and urban planning, from creation to preservation I
- Sugar production, as an agro-industrial sector, promoted a variety of urban types and acted significantly in the construction of the territory i...
- The Mexican experience in industrial heritage sites. The covid-19 Aftermath UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS-R515
- Speaker Dr. Humberto Morales BUAP (Icgde-Buap) |
- 10:00 AM - 10:20 AM | 20 minutes Part of: Balance and perspectives of the conservation and reuse of the industrial heritage of Latin America and the Caribbean I
- The Mexican experience. In this paper we show five representative industrial heritage sites that covers almost 40 years of a pioneer Mexican expe...
- Mining heritage and mining tourism of Czechia on the example of the UNESCO region Krušnohoří/Erzgebirge UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS-R520
- Speaker Jakub Jelen (Charles University) |
- 11:00 AM - 11:20 AM | 20 minutes Part of: The acceptance and belonging of industrial heritage and tourism in Central and Eastern Europe II
- Mining can be considered as one of the key human activities that affects the development of many regions, conditions the economic development of co...
- Workers’ holiday resorts: Creating the industrial culture for blue collars of Yugoslavia after the Second World War UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS-R520
- Speaker Veronika Gamulin |
- 11:30 AM - 11:50 AM | 20 minutes Part of: The acceptance and belonging of industrial heritage and tourism in Central and Eastern Europe II
- This paper explores the Workers’ holiday resorts (Croat. Radnička odmarališta) in ex-Yugoslavia designed by the communist government from 1945 onwa...
- Patrimoine industriel et innovation muséale, au cœur du renouvellement territorial du Bassin minier du Nord-Pas-de-Calais UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS-1570
- Presenter Édith Fagnoni (Sorbonne Université) |
- 4:00 PM - 4:20 PM | 20 minutes Part of: Museums and industrial culture: presentation and interpretation issues and cases III
- Au regard du tropisme patrimonial généralisé, le patrimoine, objet protéiforme, appartient désormais à un sens commu...
- Discover the shores of industrial Montreal by river boat
- Available Sold out Ticket sales have finished Ticket sales haven't started yet You've purchased a ticket UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS Registration table (meeting point)
- 3:15 PM - 5:00 PM | 1 hour 45 minutes
- This tour offers an excursion on a privatized deck of
- Tour: A glimpse at Montreal's Centre-Sud Neigborhood
- Signup required UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS Registration table (meeting point)
- 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM | 2 hours
- The South Central district is a former industrial and working-class neighbourhood with a rich and unique heritage. The visit will allow us to di...
- Social gathering at Ecomusée du fier monde and launch of the congress' souvenir stamp
- Signup required Écomusée du fier monde - Piscine
- 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM | 2 hours
- Tour: The Angus shops and Rosemont with Heritage Montreal
- Signup required
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM | 2 hours
- Uncover the vestiges of the Canadian Pacifie Railway tracks and the former Angus Shops, which played integral raies in the industrial and reside...