Breaks and meals are offered to participants during the conference on site in the DS Pavilion lobby. All menus have been designed to accommodate omnivorous, vegetarian and vegan choices, and include gluten free and lactose free possibilities. None of the dishes contain pork or alcohol (unless you add it!).
We also invite you to follow our announcements about the closing dinner to find out what delights we will be offering at this event.
If you have any particularly severe allergies (e.g., that could trigger anaphylactic shock), please let us know. All the dishes listed below may have been in contact with nuts other allergens.
As a guide, here is an example of what will be served
at the morning welcome and break times:
- homemade granola bars, carrot and date bread, energy balls, fruit kabobs, fruit platter, mini-viennoiseries, mini-croissants and jams, mini-muffins, tea, coffee, herbal tea;
afternoon breaks, except for the "sugar shack" event at the Monday 5 to 7:
- homemade cookies, mini-biscuits, fruit platter, berry crumble, assorted macaroons, sweets, tea, coffee, herbal tea;
5@7 breaks on Tuesday, Wednesday :
- tomato and bocconcini platter; brie cheese wedges, raison, crackers; cheese straws; crudités and dips;
Opening cocktail, August 28 :
- Spiced sweet potato roast and guacamole; Parmesan crackers, goat and beet mousse; shrimp tacos; mini foie gras mousse croissants with Grand Marnier, tandoori chicken skewer; Montreal spiced beef roulade and asparagus;
at the the cocktail party at the Écomusée du fier monde on September 1st :
- mango, cucumber, fennel spring roll; smoked salmon blini; duck rillette tier, black olive shortbread; chicken popcorn with ranch dressing.
At lunchtime, we will serve you (except on Friday, when the barbecue event with Tout un fumoir will be held) :
- Monday, in verrines, hummus fallafel, pineapple shrimp salad, chicken wonton, peking tofu bite, duck confit turnover, mignardises;
- Tuesday, beef box (Beef box (veggie pizza, smoked meat, Caesar salad, pastries); fish box (grilled vegetables, smoked salmon bagel, tomato-bocconcini salad, pastries); veggie box (cheese, marinated tofu, chili, Asian salad, pastries);
- Wednesday, salads: La Tigresse (soba noodles, tofu, edamame, fresh vegetables, cilantro, soy and sesame dressing); Le César (chicken Caesar salad with a piece of bread); Le Tahini (quinoa, hummus, fresh vegetables, Tahini dressing); Nirvana (sweet potato noodles, tofu and mushrooms, fresh vegetables, mayonnaise and sesame oil dressing); Pasta salad (vegetarian pasta salad with raw vegetables);
- On Thursday, duck box (cheese, rillettes, broccoli salad, brownies), pitas box (cheese, assorted mini-pitas, mediterranean salad, brownies), veggie box (pizza, grilled vegetables, mesclun salad, brownies).
Enjoy your meals!