Dr. Bahar Aykan
Marmara University Faculty of Arts and Sciences Department of Sociology Istanbul Turkey
Participe à 2 sessions
Dr. Bahar Aykan is a faculty of the Department of Sociology, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey. Her research interests are politics of heritage and memory; intersections of heritage, nationalism, and identity-based conflicts; and heritage rights. Some of her recent publications include ‘Patenting Karagöz: UNESCO, nationalism and multinational intangible heritage’ (2015, International Journal of Heritage Studies); ‘Whose Tradition, Whose Identity? The politics of constructing “Nevruz” as intangible heritage in Turkey’ (2014, European Journal of Turkish Studies); ‘How Participatory is Participatory Heritage Management? The Politics of Safeguarding the Alevi Semah Ritual as Intangible Heritage’ (2013, International Journal of Cultural Property).
Sessions auxquelles Dr. Bahar Aykan participe
- Rights-Based Approaches to Heritage Management: Possibilities and Limitations Concordia, John Molson School of Business Building (MB) - MB 3.285
- 13:30 - 17:00 | 3 heures 30 minutes
- State dominance in heritage management has been a key area of attention in critical heritage studies. There is now a large body of work discussing ...
- Regular session
- 13.30 Rights-Based Heritage Claims in Contemporary Turkey: The Cases of Hasankeyf and Sulukule
- Participant.e Dr. Bahar Aykan |
- 13:30 - 14:00 | 30 minutes Partie de: Rights-Based Approaches to Heritage Management: Possibilities and Limitations
- This paper will explore rights-based heritage activism as a rising phenomenon in contemporary Turkey. It will do so by looking at two recent gra...