Dr Lachlan Barber
Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
Participe à 2 sessions
Dr. Lachlan Barber is an urban and cultural geographer whose research focuses on the intersection of heritage processes and mobilities in Asia and North America. Upon completing his PhD at the University of British Columbia in 2014 he joined the On the Move Partnership at Memorial University as a Post-Doctoral Fellow. In 2015, Lachlan returned to Hong Kong, the location of his doctoral research project, to take up the post of Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography at Hong Kong Baptist University. Lachlan is the past recipient of the Herb Stovel Scholarship from the Heritage Canada Foundation (2013), the Denis Cosgrove PhD Research Award from the Cultural Geography Specialty Group of the Association of American Geographers (2010), among other awards. His research has been published in geographical and interdisciplinary journals, including The Canadian Geographer and Urban Studies.
Sessions auxquelles Dr Lachlan Barber participe
- Labour, Mobility and Heritage Concordia, John Molson School of Business Building (MB) - MB 2.430
- 9:00 - 12:30 | 3 heures 30 minutes
- Recent writing in heritage studies and related disciplines has highlighted the stories and histories of working class people as an overlooked and, ...
- Regular session
- 12.00 Between Home and Work: A Living Heritage of Labour and Mobility
- Participant.e Dr Lachlan Barber (Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong) |
- 9:00 - 9:30 | 30 minutes Partie de: Labour, Mobility and Heritage
- This paper will develop a critical living heritage of labour and mobility. Heritage, in its various manifestations, has often depended upon the ...