Dr Mirjana Ristic
Humboldt Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Technical University Berlin
Participe à 2 sessions
Dr Mirjana Ristic is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation at the Technical University Berlin. Her research focuses on socio-political role of cities, including: the role of built form and urban space in constructing national identities and mediating political power; urban violence and terrorism; spatial borders and immigration; urban heritage, memorials and spatial practices of commemoration. Her postdoctoral research project focuses on the urban reconstruction of the former Cold War borderland between East and West Berlin. Her PhD thesis, which explored architectural and urban dimensions of inter-ethnic conflict in Sarajevo, won John Grice Award for Excellence in a PhD Thesis in Architecture at the University of Melbourne in 2012. Her recent journal publications include: “Intangible Borders: Everyday Spatiality of Ethnic Division in the post-war Sarajevo”, Fabrications 25 (2015); “Mapping Urban Assemblages: The Production of Spatial Knowledge”, Journal of Urbanism (2015) (co-author with Prof Kim Dovey), “Memories Come to Surface: Urban Pavement Memorials”, Journal of Urban Design 20 (2015) (co-author with A/Prof Quentin Stevens), “Sniper Alley: The Politics of Urban Violence in the Besieged Sarajevo”, Built Environment Journal 40 (2014).
Sessions auxquelles Dr Mirjana Ristic participe
- Contested Pasts: Urban Heritage in Divided Cities Concordia, John Molson School of Business Building (MB) - MB 3.285
- 9:00 - 15:00 | 6 heures
- This session seeks to explore the role of urban heritage in mediating and contesting political conflict in the context of divided cities. We take u...
- Regular session
- 09.00 From Sports Fields to Battlefields: Destruction and Reconstruction of the Olympic Heritage in Sarajevo since 1992
- Participant.e Dr Mirjana Ristic (Technical University Berlin) |
- 9:00 - 9:30 | 30 minutes Partie de: Contested Pasts: Urban Heritage in Divided Cities
- This paper will look at architectural and urban transformations of the Olympic heritage in Sarajevo during and after the siege of 1992-1995. It ...
Sessions auxquelles Dr Mirjana Ristic assiste
- 16.30 The Politics of Border Heritage: EU Cross-Border Cooperation, Scalar Politics and Cultural Governance in the Spanish-Portuguese Border
- Participant.e María Lois (University Complutense of Madrid) |
- 15:30 - 16:00 | 30 minutes Partie de: Politics of Scale: A New Approach to Heritage Studies I
- This paper will focus on the production of border heritage within the framework of European Union (EU) cross-border cooperation programs. In the...
- Urban Heritage: Critical Theoretical and Methodological Perspectives II Concordia, John Molson School of Business Building (MB) - MB S2.115
- 9:00 - 17:00 | 8 heures
- Cities are growingly being faced by social, economic, cultural and environmental challenges imposing health and social risks. Rapid urbanization, p...
- Regular session