Professor of Anthropology
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Participe à 1 Session
Sharon Roseman is Professor of Anthropology at Memorial University of Newfoundland. Her research has focused on historical anthropology; memory; labour; gender; transportation, rural-urban-global dynamics; heritage; cultural, and language politics; and critical mobilities studies.
Sessions auxquelles Sharon Roseman participe
- 09.30 Memorializing Bell Island Mining Mobilities
- Participant.e Sharon Roseman (Memorial University of Newfoundland) |
- 9:00 - 9:30 | 30 minutes Partie de: Labour, Mobility and Heritage
- Just before six o’clock on Sunday evening, November 10, 1940, the bow of the MV Golden Dawn collided with the MV Garland, throwing its passenger...
Sessions auxquelles Sharon Roseman assiste
- Keynote: Is Tangible to Intangible as Formal is to Informal ? (Michael Herzfeld)
- Inscription req. UQAM, pavillon Judith-Jasmin (J) - Salle Alfred-Laliberté
- 18:30 - 20:00 | 1 heure 30 minutes
- Most of what we experience as heritage emerges into conscious recognition through a complex mixture of political and ideological filters, including...
- Keynote with simultaneous translation / Conférence avec traduction simultanée
- Un chant yiddish au creux de l'oreille - Traversée
- Inscription req. Concordia, John Molson School of Business Building (MB) - MB 2.130
- 7:30 - 8:30 | 1 heure
- (in French and English) L’artiste et anthropologue Miléna Kartowski-Aïach no...
- Moving Memory: Difficult Histories in Dialogue (exhibition opening) Concordia, LB Building - LB 671 CaPSL/CEREV
- 13:30 - 15:00 | 1 heure 30 minutes
- Around the globe the planning of large-scale memorial-museum projects concerned with violent histories are frequently marred by conflict, omissi...
- Film Series: Mill Stories: Remembering Sparrows Point Steel Mill
- Inscription req. Concordia, LB Building - LB 125
- 19:00 - 19:35 | 35 minutes
- Directed by William Shewbridge and Michelle Stefano USA; 35 mins Presented by Michelle Stefano ___ After 125 years o...