Máiréad Nic Craith
Assistant Deputy Principal (Research)
Participe à 4 sessions
Máiréad Nic Craith is Professor of Culture and Heritage at Heriot-Watt University. She previously held a Chair in the School of Social Sciences at the University of Ulster. Máiréad has held an honorary professorship at the University of Exeter as well as a DAAD guest professorship at the University of Göttingen. Her research has focused on different aspects of living heritage including literary heritage (from the Great Blasket Island), intercultural heritage (Cork), World Heritage sites (Skellig Michael), heritage and conflict (Northern Ireland) and heritage and law in a European context. Her recent publications include an exploration of the role of heritage in Derry-Londonderry. Máiréad has published a number of edited volumes on heritage including Cultural Heritages as Reflexive Traditions (2007 with Ullrich Kockel) and Cultural Diversity, Heritage and Human Rights (2010 with William Logan and Michele Langfeld). Her co-edited Companion to Heritage (with Wiley-Blackwell) was published in September 2015. In 2011, Máiréad was invited by the United Nations as an expert on access to heritage as a human right.
Sessions auxquelles Máiréad Nic Craith participe
- 14.00 Cultural Diversity, Intangible Heritage and Human Rights: A Case Study from Glasgow
- Participant.e Máiréad Nic Craith (Heriot-Watt University ) |
- 9:00 - 9:30 | 30 minutes Partie de: How do Rights Change Heritage?
Sessions auxquelles Máiréad Nic Craith assiste
- Memory and Heritage: Oral Narratives and Cultural Representations of Industry, Work and Deindustrialization in Scotland UQAM, pavillon J.-A. De Sève (DS) - DS-1540
- 11:00 - 12:30 | 1 heure 30 minutes
- Regular session
- Keynote: Is Tangible to Intangible as Formal is to Informal ? (Michael Herzfeld)
- Inscription req. UQAM, pavillon Judith-Jasmin (J) - Salle Alfred-Laliberté
- 18:30 - 20:00 | 1 heure 30 minutes
- Keynote with simultaneous translation / Conférence avec traduction simultanée