David T. Fortin
Participe à 1 Session
Born and raised throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan, David is a Member of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (MRAIC), a LEED accredited professional, and a registered architect in the province of Alberta. He has obtained degrees from the University of Saskatchewan (B.A.), the University of Calgary (M.Arch) and the University of Edinburgh (Ph.D), and has worked on various commercial and residential projects throughout Western Canada. He has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in architectural design, history, and theory, including systems-based courses in various locations such as rural Washington State and in Kenya. He is the author of Architecture and Science-Fiction Film: Philip K. Dick and the Spectacle of Home (Ashgate, 2011), as well as a chapter in Writing the Modern City: Literature, Architecture, Modernity (Routledge, 2011). He is currently researching prairie Mtis contributions to architectural thinking in Canada as part of a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council grant.
Sessions auxquelles David T. Fortin participe
- 11.00 A Tectonic Question of Métis Centeredness
- Participant.e David T. Fortin (Laurentian University) |
- 11:00 - 11:30 | 30 minutes Partie de: "Heritage" Constructions and Indigeneity: Considering Indigenous Cultural Centre Design in Canada
- There is an implied collective sense of place, celebration, and assertion within the terminology of an “indigenous cultural centre.” The locatio...
Sessions auxquelles David T. Fortin assiste
- Small (ERA Architects Inc.)
- Inscription req. Concordia, John Molson School of Business Building (MB) - MB 2.445
- 12:30 - 13:30 | 1 heure
- As Canada shifts from a resource-based economy to a knowledge-based economy, small communities that were established to service the primary sect...
- Engaging Authenticity Concordia, John Molson School of Business Building (MB) - MB S1.115
- 13:30 - 15:00 | 1 heure 30 minutes
- This proposal makes the case that heritage’s capacity for change may be dependent on a paradigm shift in how heritage is interpreted. With this ...
- Keynote: Il n'est de patrimoine qu'au futur...| Only in the future will it be heritage... (Xavier Greffe)
- Inscription req. Concordia, John Molson School of Business Building (MB) - MB 1.210
- 15:30 - 17:00 | 1 heure 30 minutes
- Le patrimoine fait aujourd’hui l’objet d’attentions autant que d’agressions et de destructions. Cela peut s’expliquer par les difficultés de son id...
- Keynote with simultaneous translation / Conférence avec traduction simultanée