Melissa Le Geyt
Melissa is a MES student in the School of Planning at the University of Waterloo. Her research explores the policy and planning of managed retreat for risk reduction in Canada, in particular the flood-related property buyout program in Grand Forks, BC. Melissa's broad research interests include nature-based Solutions, hazard risk reduction, climate change adaptation, and land use planning.
Sessions in which Melissa Le Geyt participates
- Building Community Resilience: Disaster Risk Reduction in a Changing Climate
- 15:00 EDT - 16:30 EDT | 1 hour 30 minutes
- Climate change is and will continue to impact the systems that make-up and support communities globally (e.g. financial systems, health systems,...
- Activités participatives
Sessions in which Melissa Le Geyt attends
- After Paradise: Inequalities Resource Access and Resilience After the 2018 Camp Fire
- 15:00 EDT - 16:00 EDT | 1 hour
- As a result of anthropogenic climate change, the length and severity of wildfire seasons in the Sierra Nevada has doubled since the 1970s....
- Communications libres