Henry Charles Lea Professor of the History of Science and Affiliated Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences
Participates in 2 items
Naomi Oreskes is Professor of the History of Science and Affiliated Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences at Harvard University. A world-renowned geologist, historian and public speaker, she is a leading voice on the role of science in society and the reality of anthropogenic climate change. She hasworked onstudies ofgeophysics ,environmental issuessuch as global warming, and thehistory of science. She is author or co-author of several books, and over 150 articles, essays and opinion pieces.
Sessions in which Naomi Oreskes participates
- Day 1 - A Perfect Cognitive Storm: Facing Surprises with Nonknowledge
- 8:29 AM EDT - 8:30 AM EDT | 1 minute
- Naomi Oreskes : Can Science Be Saved?: Moving Beyond Climate Denial
- 11:00 AM EDT - 12:15 PM EDT | 1 hour 15 minutes
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, public debates about the validity of scientific findings and the value of science have intensified, as some Americans...