Professor, Department of philosophy
University of South Florida
Participates in 2 items
Eric Winsberg is Professor of Philosophy at the University of South Florida. He works in philosophy of science and philosophy of physics. He is especially interested in scientific modeling, computer simulation, climate science, and the modeling of epidemics. He is author of *Science in the Age of Computer Simulation*, *Philosophy and Climate Science* and the forthcoming “Cambridge Elements in Philosophy of Science: Scientific Models*.
Sessions in which Eric Winsberg participates
- Day 1 - A Perfect Cognitive Storm: Facing Surprises with Nonknowledge
- 8:29 AM EDT - 8:30 AM EDT | 1 minute
- Eric Winsberg: Climate Science and Uncertainty
- 2:05 PM EDT - 3:20 PM EDT | 1 hour 15 minutes
- Over the last several years, there has been an explosion of interest and attention devoted to the problem of Uncertainty Quantification (UQ) in cli...