HOW DO I GET TO THE CONFERENCE?
- The street address of the SH campus is 200 Sherbrooke Ouest.
- By plane from airport (Trudeau-YUL). Take direct bus #747 (buy ticket inside airport). Departures every 5-10min. Get down at Berri-UQAM station (Terminus). Switch to the green metro line, bound to "Angrignon". Get down at the Place des Arts station. Walk up north (2 min) up to Sherbrooke street.
- By bus. you most likely stop at MTL's bus terminal. From there, switch to the green metro line, bound to "Angrignon". Get down at the Place des Arts station. Walk up north (2 min) up to Sherbrooke street.
CAN I PARK MY CAR AT THE CONFERENCE?
- Yes, You can park right under the UQAM Residences for 14$ / day. However, tall trucks cannot park there, as there is a height limitation (something like 6.5-7.0 feet)
WHERE CAN I FIND A SUBWAY MAP ?
- Right here! Look for the Place Des Arts station.
In person presenters
ARE THERE ANY GUIDELINES FOR ORALS AND POSTERS?
- Yes of course! Otherwise it would be a nightmare ;-) Please follow these guidelines carefully, whether you give a talk or present a poster.
WILL I BE ABLE TO TEST MY PRESENTATION ON SITE?
- Yes! There will be a dedicated room for this.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY FINAL PRESENTATION?
- Easy. Use the FILE UPLOAD SYSTEM and make sure you meet the deadlines.
CAN I USE MY OWN LAPTOP FOR PRESENTING?
- NO. The schedule is too tight to allow this.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME TO THE CONFERENCE?
- Your registration tickets (either printed or numeric)
- An installed version of the Grenadine Event Guide
HOW DO I INSTALL THE GRENADINE EVENT GUIDE ON MY SMARTPHONE?
- Download it from Apple Store or Google Play
- Enter the following code : AmeriDendro2022
- When registered, this gives access to e-tickets, schedule, contacts and more!
Online presenters and attendees
HOW DO I ATTEND ONLINE?
- It's very simple. You must first login as a registered participant. On the AmeriDendro Home page, click on "login". Enter you registration email + password. Hit the schedule tab, and select the session / symposium you want to attend. A few minutes before the session is "on" you will be invited to enter "the virtual room". Do so from the confort of your home! Just in case, please turn off your mic!
- We highly recommend that online attendees use "Google Chrome" instead of other internet browsers.
HOW DO I PRESENT ONLINE?
- First, follow precisely the guidelines for online orals or online posters that appear on the conference's webpage.
- Submit your presentation at the date prescribed
- When your session begins, login as a registered participant. On the AmeriDendro Home page, click on "login". Enter you registration email + password. Hit the schedule tab and find the session you are in (not your abstract). When the session is "on" you will be invited to join as a speaker (see below).
- At your turn, your pre-recorded presentation will be shown to all participants (in person and online)
- There will be a 2 min. question period after that. If any question arises, your microphone will be enabled by the sound tech so you can answer it.
- We highly recommend that online speakers use "Google Chrome" instead of other internet browsers.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ONLINE PRESENTATION FILES (posters and orals)?
- Follow the Guidelines for speakers, choose either "online orals" or "online posters" depending on your presentation type.
- Use our FILE UPLOAD SYSTEM; select either ONLINE orals or ONLINE posters, depending on your presentation type.
- Please respect the deadlines indicated in the system.
WHAT IS THE SITUATION LIKE IN CANADA THESE DAYS?
- COVID 19 cases are quite low now. However, the virus is never really far!
SHOULD I BRING MY OWN ANTIGENIC TESTS?
- Yes. Great idea!!! The organizing committee has access to a limited number of AG tests, but bringing your own with you will just make it simpler and more straightforward.
IS THE MASK MANDATORY?
- No. except in public transportations. However, we strongly encourage all attendees to wear it at any time during the conference. This is because there are a lot of folks who are either far from home or travel by plane. Contracting COVID 19 when you are travelling abroad can add complications to an otherwise fun trip. So let's make sure that everyone comes back home safely... and not as a COVID patient!
DO I NEED A VACCINE PASS TO ENTER STORES AND OTHER PUBLIC SPACES IN MTL?
- Not anymore
WHAT ARE THE BORDER RESTRICTIONS FOR TRAVELLERS?
- The situation keeps evolving. We refer travelers to the official information from the Government of Canada.