Participates in 2 items
Sessions in which Fusa Miyake participates
- Symposium 7 (PT 1). Historical Timbers and Wooden Artifacts as Archives: New Glimpses On Trees, Ecology, and People Amphitheatre (SH-2800)
- 9:20 - 10:35 | 1 hour 15 minutes
- Information garnered from historical timbers and wooden artifacts (e.g. houses, barns, ships) can greatly enhance our u...
- Carbon-14 spikes caused by solar energetic particle events Amphitheatre (SH-2800)
- Speaker Fusa Miyake (ISEE) |
- 10:20 - 10:35 | 15 minutes Part of: Symposium 7 (PT 1). Historical Timbers and Wooden Artifacts as Archives: New Glimpses On Trees, Ecology, and People
- Carbon-14 (14C) is produced via a nuclear reaction between the atmosphere and cosmic rays. Although the main source of 14C is galactic cosmic ra...
Sessions in which Fusa Miyake attends
- Exact Dating of the First Europeans in the Americas (Keynote presentation) Amphitheatre (SH-2800)
- 8:45 - 9:15 | 30 minutes
- Dendrochronology is considered one the most precise of all the scientific dating techniques. However, it requires ...