Research director at INRAE, France. Scientific Officer in charge of Latin America at the INRAE Direction of International Relations, and a member of the INRAE scientific council. In charge of the INRAE International Priority Program “Adaptation of forests and agroforests to climate change”. Research activity: study of adaptation of forest trees to climate in natural and artificial forest tree populations. Investigation of evolutionary adaptation and adaptive phenotypic plasticity based essentially on annual rings and wood formation studies. Co-director (with A. Martinez-Meier from INTA, Argentina) of the International Associated Laboratory between INRAE, France, INTA, Argentina and University of Huanta, Peru: FORESTIA [https://www6.inrae.fr/forestia/].
Sessions in which Philippe Rozenberg participates
- Symposium 2. Common garden experiments to evaluate tree adaptation in a changing climate Coeur des Sciences, Sherbrooke Building, UQAM - Salle polyvalente (SH-4800)
- 9:20 - 10:35 | 1 hour 15 minutes
- Current and projected changes in climate are estimated to be from 10 to 100 times faster than the natural adaptive capacity of trees whose gener...
- The evolutionary value of tree-ring plasticity in Douglas-fir Coeur des Sciences, Sherbrooke Building, UQAM - Salle polyvalente (SH-4800)
- Speaker Philippe Rozenberg (INRAE) |
- 9:50 - 10:05 | 15 minutes Part of: Symposium 2. Common garden experiments to evaluate tree adaptation in a changing climate
- Climate change threatens forest trees. Their ability to resist depends on their potential to adapt. Phenotypic plasticity, i.e. the potential fo...